Ronald McDonald House Charities
of the Central Valley, Inc.
Official $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest Rules
1. Official Contest Rules. These are the Official $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest Rules (the “$5000 Visa Gift Card Contest”) sponsored by the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of the Central Valley, Inc. (the “Charity”) (hereafter the “Official Contest Rules”).
2. Eligibility. The $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest is open to anyone 18 years or older ("Eligible Person"), except where prohibited by law. Officers and employees of the Charity, household members of any such officer or employee of the Charity, are prohibited from winning any prizes associated with the Contest. Each Eligible Person who enters the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest is a “Contestant”.
3. Sponsor of Contest. The $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest is sponsored by the Charity, which is located at 9161 Randall Way, Madera, California 93636.
4. Agreement to Abide By Official Contest Rules. By submitting an Entry into the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest in accordance with Sections 6, the Contestant fully and unconditionally accepts the Official Contest Rules and agrees to perform all conditions and obligations required herein. Each Contestant acknowledges that winning a prize is contingent upon performing all conditions and requirements herein.
5. $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest Period. The $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest begins on Oct 12, 2022 and ends Oct 28 2022 5:00PM PST (“Contest Period”). The winner will be notified Nov 3, 2022 at approximately 12:00pm PST.
6. How to Enter; Ticket Limitation. Any Eligible Person may enter the Lowe's Shopping Spree Contest by obtaining an official numbered contest ticket (“Contest Ticket”) from the Charity during the Contest Period. Contest Tickets may be obtained in the following manner: (1) ordering online by visiting and submitting an online ticket form; (2) by calling (559) 447-6300 to place an order over the phone or to request that an official entry form be mailed to you.
The Charity will process each entry method in the same manner. After an order is processed, the Charity will either, at the Contestants option, send the Contestant his or her Contest Ticket Numbers by mail or email to the address provided by the Contestant. Contest Ticket Numbers may take up to six weeks to be received by mail or two weeks to be received by email. Every Eligible Person is limited to acquiring no more than 600 Contest Tickets per drawing during the Contest Period.
7. Suggested Donation for Contest Tickets. The $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest is a fundraiser for the Charity. Contest Tickets obtained by a donation to the Charity will be issued, at a minimum, in the following increments: (1) $5 for 1 ticket; (2) $10 for 5 tickets; (3) $20 for 15 tickets; (4) $30 for 22 tickets; (5) $50 for 40 tickets; and (6) $100 for 100 tickets. For promotional purposes and at the Charity’s sole discretion, the Charity may increase the number of Contest Tickets received per donation increment, provided however, in no circumstance may an Eligible Person acquire more than 600 Contest Tickets per drawing during the Contest Period. Obtaining Contest Tickets by making a donation will not increase your chances of winning. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of Contest Tickets issued and received.
8. No Donation Necessary to Enter or Win. No purchase or donation is necessary to enter or win. A donation is not required to obtain Contest Tickets. A person will receive Contest Tickets requested on the order page, order form, entered online, or over the phone, regardless of whether a donation was provided. To enter without making a donation online click "here".
9. Winner Need Not Be Present to Win. The Grand Prize Winner of the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest does not need to be present at the drawing to win. The Charity will make a reasonable effort to contact the Grand Prize Winner by telephone and/or email. If unsuccessful, the Charity will notify the Grand Prize Winner in writing by certified, return receipt U.S. Mail sent to the address provided by the Grand Prize Winner.
10. Selection of Grand Prize Winner. One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all Contestants as follows:
On Nov 3, 2022, at approximately 12:00PM, the Charity will randomly select one Contest Ticket from among all Contest Tickets obtained in compliance with these Official Contest Rules. The Contestant owning the selected Contest Ticket will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. If there is more than one name on the Contest Ticket, the Grand Prize will be awarded to the first named Eligible Person on the Contest Ticket. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner in a multiple party entry to allocate any prize among the participants in a multiple party entry. The drawing will be held as scheduled, regardless of the number of Contest Tickets procured.
All drawing and Grand Prize Winner selection results are final. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of Contest Tickets issued and received. For a list of the previous Grand Prize winners, please visit our website at www.rmhc-car.com. The Grand Prize Winner will be posted no later than Nov 4, 2022.
11. Grand Prize. The Grand Prize is a $5000 Visa Gift Card plus Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley, Inc. will pay the Federal Withholding Tax.
The Grand Prize is nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded in “as-is, where-is, with all faults” condition. Except as expressly stated in these Official Contest Rules, the Charity makes no representation or warranty of any kind or character, expressed or implied, concerning the Grand Prize.
12. Tax Withholding for Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will have 30 calendar days after the drawing to meet all other requirements of these Official Contest Rules. If the Grand Prize is not redeemed by that date, or if the Grand Prize Winner does not otherwise meet all requirements of these Official Contest Rules by that date, then the Grand Prize is automatically forfeited and the Charity will select a new Grand Prize Winner at random from all remaining Contest Tickets. Within 30 calendar days of being selected, the new Grand Prize Winner must pay all required taxes to the Charity (in this case, the Charity will pay the Federal Withholding Tax), take delivery of the Grand Prize, and meet all other requirements of these Official Contest Rules. The Charity will repeat this selection process until a Contestant is selected who complies with all Official Contest Rules and the Grand Prize is awarded.
The Winner may be required to submit a W-2G, Form 5754, Form W-9, or similar tax form for tax withholding purposes. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently, the purchase of a ticket may not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
13. Certificate of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. To receive the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner must sign a Certificate of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, (the “Release”). The Release must be received by the Charity on or before Dec 3, 2022.. If the Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Release to the Charity by Dec 3, 2022, or otherwise fails to meet the requirements of these Official Contest Rules, then the Grand Prize is automatically forfeited and the Charity will select a new Grand Prize Winner at random from all remaining Contest Tickets. Within 30 calendar days of being selected, the new Grand Prize Winner must sign the Release, the Release must be received by the Charity, and the New Grand Prize Winner must satisfy all other requirements of these Official Contest Rules. The Charity will repeat this selection process until a Contestant is selected who fulfills all Official Contest Rules and the Grand Prize is awarded.
14. Publicity. Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Charity and/or its designees to use the Grand Prize Winner’s name, hometown, photograph, testimonial, or other likeness, and/or Grand Prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for promotional, advertising, and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the Grand Prize Winner, to the extent permitted by law.
15. General Conditions. $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Charity reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest for any reason and in Charity’s sold discretion, or if any fraud or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest, as determined by the Charity in its sole discretion. In the event of termination or cancellation, the Charity reserves the right to not proceed with the raffle and a Contestant’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be to receive a refund of the full price paid by such Contestant for each Ticket purchased, without interest. Alternatively, the Charity reserves the right to award the Grand Prize according to the “Selection of Grand Prize Winner” criteria from among the eligible Contest Tickets received as of the date of impairment. The Charity reserves the right to disqualify any individual it determines, in its sole discretion, has tampered or intends to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest, or is acting in violation of these Official Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the$5000 Visa Gift Card Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Charity reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Charity’s delay or failure to enforce any term or provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Release. Except where prohibited, each Contestant agrees to release and hold harmless the Charity, and its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest or the receipt or use of any prize.
17. Limitations of Liability. Except where prohibited, each Contestant agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a Contestant or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the $5000 Visa Gift Card; (c) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest or the processing of entries; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a Contestant’s participation in the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest or receipt of any prize.
18. Disputes. Except where prohibited: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest or any prize awarded there under, other than the administration of the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest shall be resolved in Madera County, State of California and consent to jurisdiction of the appropriate court in Madera County is given by the Contestant; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the $5000 Visa Gift Card Contest, but shall not include attorney’s fees or costs; and (d) under no circumstances will a Contestant be permitted to obtain punitive damages, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages except as provided by this Section, and any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased is waived by the Contestant. These Official Contest Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with California law.
19. Refunds. No refunds for Contest Tickets obtained by a donation will be given after 12:00 p.m. PST on Nov 3, 2022. Any orders for Contest Tickets received after 5:00pm PST on Oct 28, 2022, shall be deemed null and void and any monies donated in connection with the same shall be refunded.
Contest Ticket Numbers may take up to six weeks to be received by mail or three weeks to be received by email. Refunds will not be given for Contest Ticket Numbers that are not received prior to the drawing, unless the Contestant gives the Charity notice on or before Nov 3, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. PST that Contest Ticket Numbers were not received and that the Contestant would like to cancel his or her order.